This summer don't get stuck in a summer dress and sandals rut. Let these 30 styling ideas inspire you to test the trends and get the most out of your wardrobe all month long.
1. Suspended Style - White jeans and a plain white tee suddenly feel office appropriate when styled with suspenders and a sleep pair of pumps, while pops of color add a touch a fun.
2. Boots Still Made For Walking - Don't put those over-the-knee boots in storage just yet! Rock them with a mod mini to avoid looking out of season. Bonus? They'll keep your legs warm in frigid office temps.
3. City Bike Style - Who says a bike basket can't double as a handbag? DIY your own by wrapping the top of a dust bag around the rim of a metal basket, and voila!
4. Light and Loose - Light, loose layers are key for staying cool through sweltering summer days.
5. Just Kickin' It - "Just chilling in my shirtdress, favorite kicks, and a perfectly undone topknot" — the coolest girl on the block's answer to the question "So what're you up to this weekend?"
6. Short Shorts and a Loooong Jacket - Show off those stems in short and a jacket that hit your leg at the same spot.
7. A Scarf Solution - Still haven't managed to put your winter things in storage? Feel less guilty and get some extra mileage out of winter scarves by tying them around your waist like an obi belt.
8. Walk the Rainbow - Yes, you are in fact justified in buying mules (the shoe of the season) in every color and style you can find. Your feet will thank you later.
9. A Different Kind of Lampshading - Pairing crop tops with high-waisted pants is nothing new, but Natalie Joos makes the look feel fresh in a cropped peplum and fitted flares.
10. Dip It Low - Next time you knot the tails of a button up, leave all the buttons undone for a subtly sexy twist.
11. Bringing the Beach to Work - Button up, classic pumps, and a sleek clutch? All office go-to staples. A sarong tied as a skirt? Hey, if Nausheen Shah can do it, so can you!
12. You've Got a Choke Hold On Me - Forget about a delicate black ribbon — instead throw yourself head over heels into the choker trend with a chunky statement version.
13. Play Matchmaker - Chiara Ferragni may be rocking a romper here, but her look can't help but make you wonder why you haven't been matching your shirts to your shorts for years?
14. The Ever Versatile Body(swim)suit - Hoping to hop on this summer's bodysuit trend but finding yourself strapped for cash? Break out your one-piece swimsuits and embrace their many straps, patterns, and atypical-for-day fabrics. Trust, you'll look ever chicer than the next girl.
15. The Girl With the Golden Gams - Give your leather a seasonal upgrade and opt for lighter colors and cool metallics instead of your usual black.
16. DIY Booties - Socks + stappy heels = a brand new pair of adorable booties! This may just be the easiest way to double your shoe wardrobe on the cheap.
17. Gingham Gang - Toughen up a girly gingham set with a biker jacket, chain details, and menswear inspired shoes.
18. Patch Things Up - Don't just add a patch to a worn out elbow. Go crazy and add every badge you can find to a denim jacket or jeans for a unique vintage feel.
19. Romantic at Heart - Go full throttle with romantic details like ruffles, off-the-shoulder necklines, and shades of red for an ultra-femme look that's sure to stun.
20. Day to Night to Day Again - Planning on staying out all weekend long? Combine your day and night outfits into one great look by styling a sexy tank over a basic tee and shorts. A narrow crossbody will help hold all your overnight essentials for a sleepover with pals.
21. Bolder is Better - Colors and patterns and sunnies oh my! Make every part of your outfit feel big and bold for a standout look. Just remember to smile big too!
22. Track Star - Make side-stripe track pants more accessible for the office with clean basics in classic shapes. Now you have no excuse for not hitting the gym right after work.
23. A New Suit - Why not try a shorter kind of suit this summer? The easiest way to get the look is by rocking a denim button up and denim shorts. And of course a blazer draped over your shoulders (as any street style star will tell you).
24. Bandana Bandit - Let your bandana steal the spotlight by pairing it with a solid colored sheath.
25. Lace Minus the Lining - Step one: put on shorts or a mini skirt and a slinky top. Step two: throw an oversized lace dress on top of the whole thing. Optional step three: add a mustache bag. Brunch, here we come.
26. Collared Greens - Wearing a turtleneck or collared shirt under and old favorite dress helps to change up the necklace and add some pop to rolled up sleeves.
27. Ease Your Style - If you still haven't quite figured out the bustier-over-shirt styling trick try easing into things by wearing a basic tank over a long sleeve shirt.
28. The Braided Topknot - Give your half up topknot a fresh new kick by french braiding the base. Bonus points if you also match your scrunchie to your dress.
29. Graphic Nature - Tuck an oversized graphic dress into leather shorts for a sporty look that doesn't feel as literal as a tracksuit.
30. Get InVested - If you're running out of fresh top ideas, why not try zipping a short vest all the way up and wearing it as a shell.